TranzAlpine is running under Red conditions
The recently upgraded Protection Framework enables us to continue hosting customers safely aboard our TranzAlpine train.
The safety of passengers and staff is our top priority, and improved safety measures include increased vaccination and face mask requirements (see below for details).
We will also be spacing customers out in each carriage to increase the physical distance between people/groups, and our staff will be wearing surgical grade masks (N95 / KN95 / P2). Please make sure you follow the requirements below to help us all to continue travelling safely.
Covid-19 Protection Framework
For the safety of all aboard, we'll need you to comply with the following simple measures when travelling aboard TranzAlpine under the Protection Framework conditions:
- Customers aged above 12 years 3 months will require a valid My Vaccine Pass and adults (18+) will need to bring matching Photo ID
- Booster vaccinations should now be taken four months after your second vaccination. Please ensure you have received your booster vaccination before travelling if you are eligible.
- Upon entry to stations and/or prior to boarding, each customers’ My Vaccine Pass will be validated by one of our team using the validation app
- Customers should arrive prepared with:
- Their valid My Vaccine Pass
- Photo ID, such as a New Zealand Driver’s Licence, NZ or other country passport, 18+ id card, Kiwi Access Card or other recognised photo ID which matches both the name on the booking AND their My Vaccine Pass (ID is not required for children under 18)
- Their booking reference number
- Their face mask. Note new mask type requirements.
Face covering requirement
- All customers are required to bring and wear a face mask when travelling with us
- Face coverings such as scarves and bandanas are no longer considered to be acceptable protection
- Face masks must be worn inside stations and whenever moving about the train, including to/from the onboard café and viewing deck
- Customers should wear their mask at all times, except when eating or drinking at their designated seat.
- All customers are required to wear their face mask while in the cafe carriage
- The cafe will be selling hot and cold food and drink as normal, but customers must return to their designated seat before removing their face mask to eat and drink
Open-air viewing carriage
- The Open-air viewing carriage will be open, but:
- face masks must be worn at all times
- appropriate physical distancing should be maintained (1m or more)
Station Visitors / Pick-up & Drop-off
- Only pre-booked customers are allowed in our stations
- Please book online
- Please arrange for anyone greeting you at a station to remain outside
Customers must not travel if:
- It is expected that customers will follow the directions of our station staff and onboard teams. Our staff come to work to care for others, and it is important for all members of the public and our staff to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for aggressive behaviour or harassment. Poor behaviour will result in denial of boarding or offloading at the next station.
Cancellations and Refunds
All fares are fully flexible and refundable. If you are unable or unwilling to travel, then please contact our Customer Contact centre to organise rescheduling or refunding your journey.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Sign up to receive the latest service information and special offers straight to your inbox.
For more information, please contact us via our Contact form.